AFBE is a member of the Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN), an association for quality assurance agencies in higher education in the Asia-Pacific region. APQN is supported by the World Bank and UNESCO (see http://apqn.org/)
‘Diploma mills’ are problematic for the quality of higher education, particularly for the online mode of delivery. In-depth information on accredited colleges and business degrees in the US can be found on these websites:
- Accreditedonlinecolleges.org (http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/)
- Discover Business (https://www.discoverbusiness.us/)
You can search for nationally and regionally accredited colleges, and business degrees, and learn about accrediting agencies.
As part of AFBE’s commitment to its fundamental objectives and aims of fostering quality business education and collaborative research in the Asia region, we maintain affiliation with the following organisations and initiatives:
Supporting member of the United Nations Academic Impact initiative (see to http://academicimpact.org/engpage.php), which espouses basic principles including:
· A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech.
· A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion, or ethnicity.
· A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world.
· A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education.
· A commitment to promoting sustainability through education.
Affiliate member of the Network for Education & Academic Rights (NEAR) (see http://www.nearinternational.org/), which believes that:
· Human rights and academic freedom are essential to the development of open, stable and democratic societies.
· Respect for these rights and freedoms, including adequate protection of members of the education community, is incumbent upon institutions.
· Members of the education community have a special responsibility to assist and support those for whom these rights and freedoms are threatened.
The AFBE Journal has been accepted for inclusion in CABELLS Directory, Texas, USA. Under the following areas: Accounting, Economics and Finance, Marketing, and Management.