The 20th Asian Forum on Business Education Conference 2016 (AFBE2016) will be held at the University College of Technology Sarawak in Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia on December 5-7, 2016. The main aim of AFBE is to present and discuss latest research and best practices in business education. The theme of this conference is “Green Business: Building a Sustainable Future”.
AFBE has been accepted as a member of the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI).
This is a global initiative that aligns institutions of higher education with the United Nations in furthering the realization of the purposes and mandate of the Organization through activities and research in a shared culture of intellectual social responsibility.
The UNAI has the following 10 principles:
- A commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter as values that education seeks to promote and help fulfil;
- A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
- A commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
- A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
- A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
- A commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
- A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
- A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
- A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the “unlearning” of intolerance, through education.
Please note: all other members of UNAI in the Australian-registered body are Australian Universities as follows:
- Bond University
- Charles Sturt University
- Edith Cowan University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Macquarie University
- Monash University *
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (RMIT)
- Southern Cross University
- The University of Adelaide *
- The University of Melbourne *
- University of Ballarat
- University of Canberra
- University of New South Wales *
- University of South Australia
- University of Tasmania
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Western Sydney
The AFBE 2015 Conference will be held in Bali, Indonesia on 9 – 11 November 2015.
It will be co-hosted by Universitas Udayana.
Conference Theme: Managing Innovation in Business Education and Practices towards ASEAN Economic Community.
CALL FOR PAPERS: ABSTRACTS DUE BY 31 MAY 2015, FULL PAPER DUE 31 JULY 2015.
ALL ABSTRACTS AND PAPERS SHOULD BE SENT TO DR. CHRIS PERRYER BY E-MAIL AT email@example.com