|Visit AFBE Facebook Page.|
THE AFBE PRESIDENT
I wish all those associated with The AFBE, a happy, productive, and profitable New Year in 2014.
Unfortunately, it is with great regret that I announce the passing of Professor David Plowman of The University of Western of Australia.
Professor Plowman was a great friend of AFBE and he will be sorely missed.
We now have a number of publications on our website. Also, during 2012 - 2013, The AFBE was active in accrediting various academic programs (see under AFBE Accreditation).
AFBE has just been accepted as a member of the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI).
This is a global initiative that aligns institutions of higher education with the United Nations in furthering the realization of the purposes and mandate of the Organization through activities and research in a shared culture of intellectual social responsibility.
The UNAI has the following 10 principles:
1. A commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter as values that education seeks to promote and help fulfil;
2. A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
3. A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
4. A commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
5. A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
6. A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
7. A commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
8. A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
9. A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
10. A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the “unlearning” of intolerance, through education.
Please note: all other members of UNAI in the Australian-registered body are Australian Universities as follows:
Charles Sturt University
Edith Cowan University
James Cook University
La Trobe University
Monash University *
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (RMIT)
Southern Cross University
The University of Adelaide *
The University of Melbourne *
University of Ballarat
University of Canberra
University of New South Wales *
University of South Australia
University of Tasmania
University of the Sunshine Coast
University of Western Sydney
Colleagues and Friends
On behalf of The Asian Forum on Business Education (AFBE) I would like to welcome you to the AFBE Website.
AFBE was formed in Bangkok in 1992 and has now conducted conferences in various parts of southeast and east Asia since its initial inception. Initially, our conferences were conducted approximately every 18 months but over the past few years, they have become annual. All papers submitted for conference presentation and double-blind peer reviewed by AFBE and we encourage research-based papers.
In more recent years, we have also developed a number of other activities, the main ones being:
- The online AFBE Journal
- AFBE Membership
- AFBE Research-Based and Co-ordinated Research Activities
- The International Business School Accreditation (IBSA) System
- The International Doctor of Business Administration (IDBA) Program
We have recently developed an association with the World Education Congress (WEC). For details, please see http://worldeducationcongress.com/.
We have now added Publications to our website. Our first publication is the book “Business Development in Asia”, see under Publications.
Details of these activities are contained in the following pages
The AFBE is directed by an Executive Committee. Details of the committee and the committee members also contained on this website.
We encourage and urge you to become involved in AFBE and its activities and we welcome any enquiries which you may have.
AFBE is jointly hosting the 1st International Conference on Security Studies to be held in Bangkok on 25th June 2014.
The theme of the conference is “ASEAN Economic Community 2015: Are we (Thailand) ready yet?”
CALL FOR PAPERS (on Conference theme)
Paper Submission Before April 21, 2014
Notification of Acceptance On May 5, 2014
Final Paper Submission Before May 12, 2014
Author’s Registraton Before May 19, 2014
ICSS 2014 Conference Date June 25, 2014
For more information, visit the facebook page <International Conference on Security Studies>.
For general information and full paper submission, contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>