|Visit AFBE Facebook Page.|
NEWS FLASH! NEXT
I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT OUR NEXT AFBE CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD IN BANGKOK, THAILAND, ON WEDNESDAY, 5th NOVEMBER AND THURSDAY, 6TH NOVEMBER, 2014, (JUST BEFORE THE LOY KRATONG FESTIVAL WHICH IS HELD ON 7th NOVEMBER).
OUR CO-HOST PARTNER IS THAKSIN UNIVERSITY, A THAI GOVERNMENT AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITY LOCATED IN THE SOUTH OF THAILAND BUT WITH A CAMPUS IN BANGKOK.
THE VENUE FOR THE CONFERENCE IS THE EMERALD HOTEL, A 4-STAR HOTEL LOCATED IN CENTRAL BANGKOK. IT IS LOCATED AT: 99/1 RATCHADAPISEK ROAD, RATCHADAPISEK, BANGKOK, WHICH IS A SHORT WALK TO RATCHADAPISEK MRT SUBWAY STATION WHICH GIVES HIGH ACCESS TO THE MAIN SHOPPING AREAS OF BANGKOK.
THE CONFERENCE THEME IS “MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS EDUCATION IN A RAPIDLY CHANGING ENVIRONMENT”.
THIS NOTIFICAION REPRESENTS AN INITIAL ‘CALL-FOR-PAPERS’ .
ABSTRACTS AND FULL PAPERS SHOULD BE SENT TO PROFESSOR BRIAN SHEEHAN ON E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSTRACTS DUE DATE: 31st AUGUST, 2014
FULL PAPERS DUE DATE: 30th SEPTEMBER, 2014
ALL ABSTRACTS AND FULL PAPERS MUST FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FOR CONFERENCE AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS ON THE AFBE WEBSITE: www.afbe.biz
OTHER DETAILS ARE:
REGISTRATION FEES: INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES US$300
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS US$150
THAI DELEGATES 3,000 BAHT
THAI STUDENTS AND INTERNATIONAL
STUDENTS STUDYING IN THAILAND
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES TO:
Bank Name: Krungthai Bank
Branch: Thanon Si Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Thailand
Bank Address: 513 Si Ayutthaya Road, Thanon Phayathai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok, Thailand, 10400
Swift Code: KRTHTHBK
Account Name: TSU-AFBE International Academic Conference
Account No.: 013-0-25002-3
Any queries please contact: email@example.com
EMERALD HOTEL ACCOMMODATION CHARGES AND PAYMENT DETAILS : CONTACT MS. KESINI: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of Affordable Colleges Foundation, USA
We have recently added these details of this Foundation to our section on Accreditation.
AFBE has been accepted as a member of the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI).
This is a global initiative that aligns institutions of higher education with the United Nations in furthering the realization of the purposes and mandate of the Organization through activities and research in a shared culture of intellectual social responsibility.
The UNAI has the following 10 principles:
1. A commitment to the principles inherent in the United Nations Charter as values that education seeks to promote and help fulfil;
2. A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
3. A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
4. A commitment to the opportunity for every interested individual to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary for the pursuit of higher education;
5. A commitment to building capacity in higher education systems across the world;
6. A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
7. A commitment to advancing peace and conflict resolution through education;
8. A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
9. A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
10. A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the “unlearning” of intolerance, through education.
Please note: all other members of UNAI in the Australian-registered body are Australian Universities as follows:
Charles Sturt University
Edith Cowan University
James Cook University
La Trobe University
Monash University *
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University (RMIT)
Southern Cross University
The University of Adelaide *
The University of Melbourne *
University of Ballarat
University of Canberra
University of New South Wales *
University of South Australia
University of Tasmania
University of the Sunshine Coast
University of Western Sydney
Colleagues and Friends
On behalf of The Asian Forum on Business Education (AFBE) I would like to welcome you to the AFBE Website.
AFBE was formed in Bangkok in 1992 and has now conducted conferences in various parts of southeast and east Asia since its initial inception. Initially, our conferences were conducted approximately every 18 months but over the past few years, they have become annual. All papers submitted for conference presentation and double-blind peer reviewed by AFBE and we encourage research-based papers.
In more recent years, we have also developed a number of other activities, the main ones being:
- The online AFBE Journal
- AFBE Membership
- AFBE Research-Based and Co-ordinated Research Activities
- The International Business School Accreditation (IBSA) System
- The International Doctor of Business Administration (IDBA) Program
We have recently developed an association with the World Education Congress (WEC). For details, please see http://worldeducationcongress.com/.
We have now added Publications to our website. Our first publication is the book “Business Development in Asia”, see under Publications.
Details of these activities are contained in the following pages
The AFBE is directed by an Executive Committee. Details of the committee and the committee members also contained on this website.
We encourage and urge you to become involved in AFBE and its activities and we welcome any enquiries which you may have.